Learn how to connect your headset and choose your audio device.
Operating System: Windows, Macintosh
Applies to: UB faculty and staff
Last Updated: August 12, 2020
Plug your telephone headset into your your computer’s USB connection using the appropriate cable.
- From the Jabber hub, select:
- Windows: The Gear and choose Settings, then click Audio
- Mac: Select Jabber > Preferences and click Audio/Video
- Select the audio device for the ringer. This is either your headset or speakerphone
- Select the audio device for the speaker. This is either your headset or speakerphone
- Click OK
If you use a Cisco headset, Jabber will open a dialog to tell you if it needs updating, and shows progress.