Learn about the process of leaving UBmail Powered by Google and
moving to UBmail (Central Email) or UBmail Powered by Exchange.
Your eligibility for UBmail Powered by Google (UB Gmail) depends
on your affiliation and your academic program.
You are eligible if:
You are ineligible if:
- “Faculty / Staff” is your primary affiliation with
Even faculty and staff who are alumni are not eligible for UBmail
Powered by Google
- You are a student in the school of:
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dental Medicine
- Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- “Fellowship” is your affiliation with UB
Take these steps to ensure that your email experience is not
interrupted as you migrate to another UB email system:
1. Mark your calendar
Be aware that your Google Apps account expires 30 days from the
date of your notice.
2. Manage new incoming email
All new incoming email is sent to your new UB email system.
Learn how to get started with UBmail
(Central Email) or UBmail
Powered by Exchange.
3. Move your Google Apps email messages to your new UB email
During the 30 days before your Google account expires, there are
2 methods of moving your email messages to another
UB email system. Note that after your account is switched, you
can only log into UB Gmail through https://mail.google.com/a/buffalo.edu,
and only for the 30 days you were provided to make the
4. Export your UB Gmail contacts
During the 30 days before your Google account expires, export your UB Gmail contacts.
5. Export or save your Google docs
If you move from UBmail powered by Google to either UBmail
(Central Email) or UBmail powered by Exchange, some things do not
- Your email address @buffalo.edu
- Your UBIT password
- Your personal Gmail account (not firstname.lastname@example.org UB Gmail