Ensure Network Connectivity:
Make sure that you see one of the following icons at the top of
the iPhone screen to verify that you are connected to a data
network. Connecting to a Wi-Fi (wireless)
network is preferred prior to setup as it is the fastest
connection and does not account against your cell phones data plan
(some plans may vary).
Cellular data network icons
Press Settings from the Home screen, then Mail,
Contacts, Calendars, then Fetch New Data and ensure that
Push is set to “On,” and Fetch is
set to “Manually.”
Setup Microsoft Exchange Account
1. Go to Settings > Mail > Contacts >
Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft
2. Enter your Exchange account information and press
Next. Enter the following information in the fields:
- Enter UBITName@buffalo.edu for Email.
- Enter AD for
- Enter your UBITName for
- Enter your UBIT Password for
- Enter UB Exchange for Description.
3. If prompted enter Server name or verify server name:
exchowa.buffalo.edu and press Next.
4. If you want to activate your Exchange Contacts set the button
5. If you turn your Exchange Contacts ON, choose Keep on My
iPhone – to keep your existing local contacts:
6. Press Keep on My iPhone to the duplicate entries
7. Review and set the information you want to Synchronize with
your Exchange Mail Account and turn off any you do not want to
If you choose to synchronize an iPhone with your Exchange
Contacts, and Calendar, all existing Contact and Calendar
information on the iPhone will be OVERWRITTEN.
Additionally, iTunes will no longer sync contacts and
calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your
iPhone or iPod touch wirelessly with Apple’s iCloud
8. Press Save.
By default, 50 Recent Messages will be shown on your iPhone. To
synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail,
Contacts, Calendars, and select your Exchange
account, and press Show. Syncing more than 50 Recent
Messages can degrade your iPhone’s performance.