If the Search Folders do not appear in Outlook Web Access (OWA),
connect to the same mailbox in Outlook with the Cached Exchange
Mode option turned off.
Outlook Web Access (OWA) does not display the Personal Folders
that appear in Outlook on your UB-owned computer because Personal
Folders are located on your computer's hard disk instead of the
server. (Personal Folders are not the same as email folders created
in your Exchange mailbox. You can use personal folder files to save
copies of your email, calendar and contacts, or to move email off
the Exchange server.)
If the Search Folders you created in Outlook 2007 or Outlook
2010 do not appear in Outlook Web Access (OWA), this happens
because you are using Outlook in Cached Exchange Mode. (Search
Folders are virtual folders that display the results of previously
defined search queries.) To make the Search Folders available in
OWA, connect to the same mailbox in Outlook with the Cached
Exchange Mode option turned off.
To turn off Cached Exchange Mode:
- Close Outlook if it is open. Click Start > Control
- Double-click Mail. Click Show Profiles.
- Select your current profile. Select Properties.
- Click E-mail Accounts. If your Exchange account
name and type appear automatically, skip to step 6.
- Select View or change existing e-mail accounts. Click
- Select your Exchange account. Click Change.
- Deselect Use Cached Exchange Mode check box. Click
- Click Finish. Click Close. Click OK.
- Start Outlook. In the Folder List, expand Search Folders. As
soon as all the Search Folders have updated, they can be viewed