Our center supports faculty and academic units seeking to supplement instruction through the development of high-quality online, hybrid and blended courses and degree programs.
The center works with individual faculty, departments and schools from all disciplines on projects relating to the development of exemplary online courses and programs that engage students in the learning process.
Contact us to set up an appointment with our instructional designer to discuss the learning objectives and needs of your particular course or program.
Our online learning services include:
- Providing instructional design consultation for individual faculty, departments and schools
- Supporting the integration of instructional technologies and the use of campus resources to support online learning
- Connecting with regional, state and national online learning organizations (e.g., Open SUNY, SUNY COIL, Online Learning Consortium) to provide resources for faculty development, innovation and the implementation of quality standards and evidence-based best practices
- Collaborating with faculty to develop research studies that attract external funding and support online learning and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Working collaboratively with instructors, academic units and campus committees on university policies and strategic directions for online learning
- Supporting UB’s online education efforts by promoting quality standards and a university-wide culture of exploration that furthers the development and scaling up of online learning innovations at the university