Being a True Blue ambassador for your unit means championing the UB spirit and sharing your pride with others. It’s about motivating the people you work with to share in the collective spirit we have as UB community members and celebrating the uniqueness that brings us all together.
There’s no limit to what an ambassador can do to spread True Blue spirit. But here are a few ideas to get you started in your unit:
- Suggest spirited faculty, staff and students to your senior communicator to feature in departmental and universitywide communications.
- Engage with UB on social media by sharing prideful content and using #UBTrueBlue.
- Encourage colleagues to submit a photo and share their pride.
- Take group photos at one of the True Blue photo spots or iconic places across campus.
- Organize True Blue Friday events—you can create a fun, prideful atmosphere this day of the week by encouraging everyone to wear blue and offering free coffee, donuts or bagels in the morning or snacks in the afternoon.
- Host True Blue giveaways and contests—this could be a random drawing for those who participate in wearing blue on Fridays, a contest for the most spirited desk, office or door, or any other idea.
- Take photos of colleagues participating in True Blue Fridays; share photos on personal or unit social media accounts using #UBTrueBlue and/or upload to the True Blue website.
- Encourage attendance at athletics events, including blue-out games. Host a departmental tailgate! Check the Bulls schedule for home dates.
Contact Devon Jerla for any questions or to get started as a True Blue ambassador and receive your gift box.