Certify Your Enrollment — Continuing

If you have already received VA educational benefits at UB, we will re-certify and continue your benefits when you complete the required steps each semester.

About Certification

The certifying official at UB Veteran Services certifies your academic status. The VA then determines if you are eligible for benefits.

Step 1. Register for classes

Veteran Education Benefit Enrollment Form for the current / upcoming semester.

This card certifies your enrollment, and lets the VA know that you are attending UB. You may also choose not to use your benefits for a specific semester. You must meet minimum academic requirements — including number of credit hours — to receive your benefits.

Step 3. Vocational Rehabilitation

To receive vocational rehabilitation authorization, you must first apply directly for Vocational Rehabilitation authorization with the VA Regional Office in Buffalo. Once you receive this authorization, please schedule an appointment with UB’s Veteran Services office. You will need to provide:

  • Statement/proof of federal benefits eligibility
  • VA Form 1905

Step 4. Additional Requirements — Chapter 30 or Chapter 1606/1607

Veterans receiving benefits under Chapter 30 or Chapter 1606/1607 must verify their enrollment each month to the VA in order to receive payment for that month.
You can verify with the VA each month:

  • By telephone through IVR (Interactive Voice Response) 1-877-823-2378
  • Online through WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)

Need Help?

University at Buffalo
321 Student Union, North Campus
Buffalo, NY 14260

Phone: (716) 829-5586