Our 2022 convention will be held in person. We will continue to monitor the situation with regard to COVID-19 and ensure to the best of our abilities that the convention format meets the demands of safety and inclusivity according to the developing circumstances.
We ask that all 2022 convention attendees, exhibitors, and visitors attest to the following:
- I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a WHO-approved vaccine.
- I will comply with CDC guidelines.
- I will follow travel restrictions and recommendations for our host city, Baltimore, MD, and my point of origin, including any testing requirements for individuals traveling to the state of Maryland from outside the region.
- I will abide by all guidance and recommendations from our host city, Baltimore, MD, regarding the wearing of masks and social distancing in public spaces that are in effect at the time of the conference.
- I will follow any safety guidelines or restrictions implemented by NeMLA during the convention.
- I agree to cooperate with any contact tracing efforts in the event I test positive for or am exposed to COVID-19 while attending the conference.
- I agree not to attend the convention if I experience any COVID-19 symptoms (including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, headache, or nausea or vomiting) or learn that I have tested positive for COVID-19. If I begin experiencing such symptoms or learn that I have tested positive for COVID-19 while attending the conference, I will leave the convention site immediately.
This agreement is required to participate in the convention in person.
At this time, COVID testing is primarily being conducted by appointment only in the Baltimore area.
- Test appointments should be made before traveling, either in one's home city or for Baltimore. This should be done several days in advance as some testing facilities do not have walk-in or same day testing available.
- At home self-tests are available locally at various clinics or drugstores. Additionally, for US residents, the Federal Government is opening up a website for people to request the test be sent to their homes for free: https://www.covidtests.gov/