Submit an Abstract to Accepted Sessions
- NeMLA membership is not required to submit abstracts but it is required to present at the convention.
- Participants may submit paper abstracts to more than one session but may not present in more than one session of the same type. It is permissible, however, to present a paper as part of a panel and also to participate, for example, on a roundtable or creative session. Familiarize yourself with the types of sessions.
- No pre-formed sessions or reading of papers in absentia are allowed at NeMLA.
- Paper Title: 100 characters (including spaces)
- Capitalize titles by MLA formatting rules unless the title is in a language other than English.
- Do not use quotation marks in the session title or abstract title itself. Please use only single quotation marks around titles of short stories, poems, and similar short works.
- Italicize the titles of long works mentioned in the paper title.
- Do not place a period at the end of the title.
- Paper Abstract: 300 words
- Italicize or use quotation marks around titles according to MLA guidelines.
- Chairs will confirm the acceptance of abstracts by October 15.
- Please confirm the panel on which you wish to participate.
- Please pay for Registration/Membership by December 1st.