Submit an Abstract to Accepted Sessions
- Paper abstracts may only be submitted electronically. Sign in or
create a free user
account to view the Call for Papers
and submit. Abstracts may be submitted starting June
membership is not required to submit abstracts. You wil be
required to pay for membership and convention registration if your
abstract is accepted to a session and you agree to present at the
annual convention. Membership and registration can be paid for in
account starting in mid-October.
- Participants may submit paper abstracts to more than one
session but may not present in more than one session of the same
type. It is permissible, however, to present a paper as part of a
panel and also to participate, for example, on a roundtable or
creative session. Familiarize yourself with the types of
- NeMLA looks for focused sessions that will draw interesting,
quality debate. Your paper abstract should clearly establish the
title, main topic, theoretical approach, and goals in relation to
the session description.
- No pre-formed sessions or reading of papers in absentia are
allowed at NeMLA.
- Paper Title: 100 characters (including spaces)
- Capitalize titles by MLA formatting rules unless the title is
in a language other than English.
- There are to be no quotation marks around the session title or
abstract title itself, only single quotation marks around titles of
short stories, poems, and similar short works.
- Italicize the titles of long works mentioned in the paper
- Do not place a period at the end of the title.
- Paper Abstract: 300 words
- Italicize or use quotation marks around titles according to MLA
Pittsburgh 2018 Information
- The 49th annual convention will be held at the the Omni
William Penn. Opened in 1916, this historic Pittsburgh landmark
provides luxurious accommodations in the very heart of the
- For more information, email email@example.com.
- Chairs will confirm with applicants whether their abstracts
were accepted by October 15, 2017. If you receive
notification of your acceptance from a session chair, please read
policies and log into your
account to update your contact information and pay for
your annual NeMLA membership and convention