Gain a deeper understanding of exciting innovations and research in your area of study or interest. This is a great way to learn more about research as an undergraduate student before getting started on a project of your own.
This project is designed to help students gain a deeper appreciation for, and ability to discuss, exciting innovations and research in their respective area of study or interest. Through a series of facilitated assignments, students will explore and reflect on major innovations and make connections with their own academic and professional goals.
- Sign-up for the Reflection Digital Badge, which includes the activities listed below.
- Self-evaluation and reflection using NACE's career competencies
- Watch and respond to a video workshop entitled "Telling Compelling Stories about Our Experiences and Achievements."
- Create a video narrative that describes your project experience and how it connects with your academic learning and career goals.
- Share a narrated PowerPoint presentation synthesizing the following:
- Profile 3 UB faculty members or researchers who have made significant contributions in a field related to your interest. Include citations and overview of their work. Start by exploring faculty on UB's department webpages.
- Select and interview 1 faculty member about their research.
- Why are they relevant and important within broader contexts?
- How does this research relate to your own academic and professional goals?
- This should be submitted (uploaded) in the "optional assignment" module in the Reflection Digital Badge.
If you have any questions, email the project mentor!