Clarify your academic plans through exploring your interests and goals as they relate to emerging professional fields, academic programs and experiential learning opportunities.
This project is designed for students seeking to clarify their intended majors, minors or other programs of study. Through a series of facilitated assignments, students will reflect on their interests and goals as they relate to emerging professional fields, available academic programs and experiential learning opportunities.
- Sign-up for the Reflection Digital Badge, which includes the activities listed below.
- Self-evaluation and reflection using NACE's career competencies
- Watch and respond to a video workshop entitled "Telling Compelling Stories about Our Experiences and Achievements."
- Create a video narrative that describes your project experience and how it connects with your academic learning and career goals.
- Share a narrated PowerPoint presentation synthesizing the following:
- Summarize your strengths, interests, and what you would find rewarding as a professional.
- Identify 3 current or emerging careers or job sectors that you find particularly interesting. Why are these fields interesting, important, and potentially a good fit for you? What associated job skills or competencies are most important for these fields?
- Identify your own experiences and skills that align with these potential jobs/fields. What do you see as the biggest/most significant gaps in preparation?
- Identify up to 3 majors, minors or concentrations that align with these areas of interest. What are the associated requirements or expectations associated with each?
- Currently, what are your goals and plans for your academic pathways? Are there any specific programs or opportunities related to professional development or experiential learning that you plan to pursue?
- Seek support from Career Services and/or the Center for Excellence in Writing, as needed.
- This should be submitted (uploaded) in the "optional assignment" module in the Reflection Digital Badge.
If you have any questions, email the project mentor!