We are excited to partner with faculty who are ready to embrace the potential of high-impact experiential learning.
ELN offers Course Infusion Funds to support the inclusion of experiential learning activities within existing undergraduate courses (with an emphasis on UB Curriculum courses). Our resources can fund local trips, guest presenters or innovative programs that provide an engaging and impactful experience that enhances learning. Our team can help suggest community partners, share curricular design elements or provide consultative support as needed.
Things to consider before submitting:
- We are here to help you make things happen! Please contact Charlie Baxter if you would like to discuss your idea before submitting a proposal.
- The goal of this fund is to incubate and generate new opportunities for experiential learning, so funding cannot be used to sustain experiences each semester/year.
- If you have received Course Infusion funding in the past and are looking to continue the experience, consultation is available through the ELN to find ways to make future iterations sustainable.
- Maximum Course Infusion award is $500.
- Priority will be given to UB Curriculum courses.
- In order to support as many proposals as possible, we encourage the use of public transportation as an economical means to travel off campus. We have a partnership with NFTA and are happy to discuss your travel logistics. If requesting a private shuttle, please submit additional rationale outlining why it is necessary.
- NFTA tickets are $4-5/person; UB buses are $100/hr plus fuel surcharge for up to 35 passengers; UB shuttles are $60/hr plus fuel surcharge for up to 25 passengers
- ELN assesses all course infusion experiences with a brief student and faculty survey. Faculty are expected to support this effort by requiring or strongly encouraging all participating students to complete the survey.