Masking, distancing guidelines
Masks are optional on UB’s campuses in most settings:
- Students, faculty, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, will no longer be required to wear masks in most settings, indoors or outdoors.
- Anyone who wishes to continue wearing a mask in a classroom, office or any other campus space is encouraged to do so.
- Masks will continue to be mandatory for everyone aboard UB buses and shuttles and in clinical health care settings (e.g. UB Health Services, Dental School facilities, on-campus testing sites) on campus.
- UB faculty, staff and students who work or learn at hospitals, nursing homes, clinics or diagnostic and treatment centers off campus must continue to comply with any site-specific regulations in place.
Remember: There are many reasons that individuals may continue to wear a mask, including those who are:
- Living with someone at higher risk
Please be kind and respectful toward others in our UB community.
Faculty and academic support staff, see Guidance for faculty and academic support staff.