As we prepare for the upcoming academic year, we are mindful of the many sacrifices our students and their families make for a successful higher education experience. We realize that COVID-19 has had a significant impact on our students and their families financially. UB’s leadership is focused on keeping the cost of a UB education as affordable as possible.
Below is a summary of SUNY’s current approved tuition and fees:
- SUNY’s Board of Trustees is maintaining 2019-20 tuition rates for fall 2020.
- SUNY clarified its policy for Non-Resident Online Tuition eligibility for all SUNY institutions to specify that this rate applies only to academic programs that are “exclusively online.”
- Overall, students will see a 2.03% increase in the Comprehensive Fee, including the addition of a new Career Services fee. Fees for a few select student services were increased.
- The Athletics Fee will be reduced by $53.00 to $212.75 for the fall 2020 semester. This is due in part to the Mid-American Conference (MAC) decision to pause the fall sports season as a result of COVID-19.
- The Academic Excellence and Success fee (ACES) will remain at an annual rate of $525 for 2020-21.
For additional information about SUNY’s current tuition and fees, visit the UB Student Accounts web page. This pages also includes Frequently Asked Questions: