Who Can Help

Support Services.

You always have a real person to talk to when you live on campus. At UB, we’re here to help with what you need, such as getting along with your roommate and dealing with life-changing events.

On this page:

Help is Just Steps Away

One of the first people you'll meet at UB is your Resident Advisor (RA) or Community Assistant (CA).

Your RA (in the residence halls) or CA (in the apartments) is an experienced UB student—typically an upper class or graduate student—who lives on your floor, in your building or in your apartment complex. They're the first person you should talk to when you have a question, need help with a problem, or want to get more out of living on campus.

Trained Resident Advisors and Community Assistants—Only at UB
  • Help students transition to campus life
  • Show you how to get around UB
  • Meet with you one-on-one throughout the year
  • Lead social and educational activities
  • Hold students accountable to conduct guidelines
  • Refer students to support services throughout campus

Health & Wellness Services

Counseling Services

Get help managing college—and life—by focusing on your emotional well-being. We offer individual and group counseling, self-help resources and crisis intervention.

120 Richmond Quad - Ellicott Complex
North Campus

Health Services

Stay healthy with urgent and non-urgent medical care for students—including health screenings, clinics and immunizations—regardless of health insurance.

Michael Hall
South Campus

Health Promotion

Health Promotion supports student well-being and academic success by building a healthy campus culture. Services include stress management and prevention; sexual health; alcohol and other drug safety and awareness; and preventing sexual violence.

114 Student Union
North Campus

Reporting Emergencies

Call University Police at 716-645-2222. If you live in Flickinger Court Apartments or off campus, call 911.

Community & Safety

As part of UB, we work closely with other units on campus to help ensure that students have access to the services they need. Following are just a few of the partners we work with on a regular basis.


Accessibility Resources

Providing a variety of accommodations for students with disabilities, including interpreters, assistive technology and accessible course materials.

Orientation, Transition and Parent Programs

Making the transition to UB easier by connecting new students with the people and resources they need to succeed.

Intercultural and Diversity Center

Increasing student understanding of diversity by offering opportunities to celebrate differences and commonalities through classes, workshops and events.

Veteran Services

Providing assistance with veterans’ benefits, academic policies and access to campus resources.

Conduct & Safety

Student Conduct and Advocacy

Supporting a safe, positive and just campus environment through regulations, mediation, advocacy and victims’ assistance programs.

University Police

Creating a safe and friendly environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors through a team of certified New York State Police Officers.

Academic Support

  • 4/3/20
    Need a place to study?  Academic Success Centers and study lounges are conveniently located in residential areas to support your academic success.
  • 8/20/20
    We facilitate greater academic success through convenient tutoring services, including free in-person tutoring for individuals and groups in our Academic Success Centers, as well as free online tutoring.

UB offers many services and resources to encourage your academic and personal success. These include advisement, tutoring, information technology instruction, life workshops, our popular UB 101 course, the vast resources of MyUB and our Finish in 4 program.