New students who want to arrive at UB before the move-in date must be approved for early arrival.
No early arrivals are permitted prior to August, 18 2018 in residence halls or apartments. If you have questions or concerns call Campus Living Housing Operations at 866-285-8806 (toll-free) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to move in before the date listed, you must submit the early arrival application and be approved for early arrival. The deadline to submit requests was Aug 10. At this time, only requests with extenuating cirucmstances will be considered.
You must provide a valid personal or academic reason for your early arrival, such as:
You will be notified by email if your request was approved or not. Please note that not all requests will be approved.
If you are approved for early arrival housing, you will receive an e-mail noting the earliest date you may move-in. All students must check-in before 5:00 p.m. on the first day of classes. Please note that campus dining, transportation and other services may be limited during early arrival times.
Any student approved for early arrival before August 23 may check in at their respective area or village office. Check-in dates and times for the entire early arrival period are listed below. Students may not check in earlier than the date they are approved for:
• Saturday August 18, 2018 2:00 pm-8:00 pm (14:00-20:00)
• Sunday August 19, 2018 9:00 am-8:00 pm (09:00-20:00)
• Monday, August 20, 2018 9:00 am-5:00 pm (09:00-17:00)
• Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:00 am-5:00 pm (09:00-17:00)
• Wednesday, August 22, 2018 9:00 am-8:00 pm (09:00-20:00)
* From August 23-27, please refer to general residence hall and apartment “move-in dates and times”, found on our Move-in website: buffalo.edu/campusliving/get-help/how-to/move-in-and-out/move-in.html
If you are approved for early arrival, additional charges will be added to your UB student account.
These rates apply from the date you check in until the standard move-in date listed in our move-in website.