State Citibank Visa PCard holders are responsible for the monthly reconciliation of their card statements.
Cardholder establishes a secure PCard file to retain all original receipts and invoices to track all purchases and credits.
Failure to reconcile monthly charges within requested timeframe could result in suspension or termination of card privileges.
1. On or about the 6th of each month, the cardholder will receive an email notification from Citibank. This notification will alert cardholders that a statement is available.
2. The cardholder must print and review the Citibank statement for accuracy and reconcile each transaction with the Summary Log, PCard Order Form or acceptable alternative and the supplier receipts and/or invoices.
3. Complete this verification within five (5) business days of the email notification from Citibank.
4. After completing the reconciliation between the Citibank Statement and receipts, an additional reconciliation must be completed through the SUNY Employees Services Web Portal.
5. An email notification will be sent to all cardholders from the UB program administrator when activity is available for reconciliation.
6. The account reconciliation must be completed within 2 weeks of date of the email notification from the program administrator.
Your monthly review should include the following:
Monthly review and approval of all cardholder transactions must take place by assigned departmental personnel (preferably a supervisor). Unless otherwise specified, this will be assigned to the supervisor listed on the cardholder authorization form. This review and approval can be accomplished two ways:
Read-only access to Citibank’s website will be established for the designated reviewer. In accordance with the Internal Control Responsibilities of state Agencies, all transactions must be reviewed and approved for proper expenditure.
If the reviewer does not agree with the monthly statement, the cardholder should be asked to verify the documents and explain the reason for any discrepancy.
Supervisors must inform the Program Administrator of any transfer or termination of a cardholder or the transfer or termination of the designated reviewer.
All original documentation must be retained by the department for a minimum period of six (6) years plus the current year.
224 Crofts Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-7013
1. Citibank: 800-248-4553
2. PCard Administrator: 716-645-4533