Research Foundation (RF) American Express (Amex) Cardholders are responsible for the monthly reconciliation of their card statements.
Cardholder establishes a secure PCard file to retain all original receipts and invoices to track all purchases and credits.
Failure to reconcile monthly charges within requested timeframe could result in suspension or termination of card privileges.
All cards are on a 30-day billing cycle, approximately from the 30th of the month through the 30th of the following month. Completed monthly summary forms must be sent to Procurement Card Administration by the 15th each month. Late submissions can result in suspension or cancellation of PCard privileges. All cardholders must adhere to the campus program guidelines, policies, and procedures if the university’s program is to retain its good standing.
The Principal Investigator is responsible for ensuring that funds are available to cover the expenditures.
1. Download the summary form.
2. Review your card statement for accuracy and compare to receipts and invoices.
3. Take action to resolve issues with suppliers as soon as possible or contact Amex to dispute items within 60 days of purchase date. Ensure the credit or resolution has occurred.
4. Include the cardholder’s name and the billing month and year in the header of the monthly summary form.
5. List each charge or credit appearing on the statement and include a brief description of each charge or credit.
6. Provide a complete description/justification how the purchase relates to your project.
7. List the desired project, task or award number to be charged for each transaction.
8. Attach all original receipts and invoices.
9. Request review from Principal Investigator (PI) and obtain (PI) signature.
10. Retain the AMEX statement for your records or shred it.
11. email completed monthly summary form with and receipts/invoices (WITHOUT the Amex statement) to:
- Attached a receipt or invoice for each transaction as required for audit purposes?
- Contacted suppliers who have charged sales tax to request a credit?
- Made arrangements with Procurement Card Administration to pay for unallowable charges?
- Obtained Principal Investigator's signature and date on the monthly summary form?
224 Crofts Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-7013
1. AMEX : 800-492-4920
2. PCard Administrator: 716-645-4533