Here's where we stand on writing:
1. Every disicpline, field, workplace and community uses writing as a tool to achieve it purposes.
2. If you find writing projects to be among some of the most stressful experiences at the university, you are not alone! There are so many choices, dilemmas and uncertainties in the writing process and each context changes up the game a bit.
3. "Talking it out" in a low-stress environment is one of the most effective ways to keep your writing process moving.
4. Writers develop by actively participating in the writing process and the communities in which writing serves as a tool.
5. Students who get involved in the CEW community are participating more and developing more! Join these hardworking, ambitious students by integrating writing consultations into your writing process!
Hot tip: Have your assignment sheet at the ready.
My consultant was really enthusiastic about reading my paper and made me feel confident about my writing.
I felt like I was ready to keep working after my meeting, and felt uplifted rather than discouraged!
We can also help you things like scholarship applications, personal statements, job letters and other really important pieces of writing.