Working @ UB
Walking program starts July 10
Faculty and staff interested in getting a little exercise on their lunch break can take part in a Summer Walking Program sponsored by the Wellness & Work/Life Balance unit of University Life and Services.
The program consists of a weekly, one-mile, guided walking tour of the North Campus. The tour, which starts at Flint Loop, takes place at noon every Tuesday beginning July 10.
Participants will receive a free Wellness & Work/Live Balance water bottle and T-shirt, a free pedometer, step tracker and campus walking maps. Those who keep track of the steps they walk this summer can turn in their step trackers to Wellness & Work/Live Balance by Aug. 31 to be entered into a drawing to win raffle prizes.
Join the group or use the walking map to devise your own tour.
Click here for more information and additional resources about beginning a walking program.
Weight Watchers meets in Clemens
UB employees can attend Weight Watchers classes at UB this summer.
Classes meet at noon on Thursdays in 202 Clemens Hall, North Campus.
Monthly passes are only $39.95 and can be purchased online; use company ID number 56889 and company pass code WW56889.
For more information, call 645-5357.
More Working @ UB
- Time to change health insurance; Donate vacation time to Sandy victims
- Mentors sought for international students
- Change in Outlook web access; Holiday closures; Have lunch at Crossroads; Donate vacation days
- Flex account deadline extended; Networking session set; Join the Polar Plunge
- Beakers 'n Beer; Great American Smokeout