Photographs, slideshows and videos capturing life at UB
Townsend Hall was named for Harriet A. Townsend (1839-1916), a prominent figure in Buffalo’s progressive movement.
The renovation is part of the South Campus Master Plan. The building had been vacant for many years.
The building's cornerstone. It was constructed in 1903 as a nurses’ dormitory for the Erie County Almshouse.
Published November 12, 2020