The Department of Music offers members of the UB community
opportunities to hear great music at no cost.
Here’s what’s in store for December.
- Voice Studio Recital: Noon Dec. 1, Baird Recital Hall,
250 Baird Hall, North Campus.
- UB Choir and Chorus: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 1, Lippes Concert
Hall, Slee Hall, North Campus. Directed by Claudia Brown.
- UB Symphony Orchestra: 3 p.m. Dec. 2, Lippes Concert
Hall. Directed by Rachel Lauber. Program to feature a work by
Anatoly Lyadov and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov’s symphonic suite
- UB Jazz Ensembles: 3 p.m. Dec. 3, Lippes Concert Hall.
Directed by George Caldwell.
- String Chamber Music Concert: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 4, Baird
- UB Contemporary Ensemble: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5, Lippes
Concert Hall. Directed by Tom Kolor.
- Voice Studio Recital: Noon Dec. 6, Baird Recital
- “On the Edge” Class Concert: 3 p.m. Dec. 7,
Lippes Concert Hall.
- “On the Edge” Freshman Seminar Concert: 5
p.m. Dec. 7, Baird Recital Hall.
- String Studio Recital: Noon Dec. 8, Lippes Concert
- Composer’s Workshop Band: 2 p.m. Dec. 8, Baird
Recital Hall. Program features works by UB graduate composers.
- MM Recital: Su Lee, organ, and UB Percussion Ensemble,
directed by Tom Kolor. 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8, Lippes Concert Hall.
Program to feature Lou Harrison’s “Concerto for Organ
with Percussion Orchestra.” Solo organ works, as well as
pieces for Percussion Ensemble alone, will be included.
For a complete list of all concerts being presented by the UB
Department of Music, visit the concert website.