The Department of Music offers members of the UB community opportunities to hear great music at no cost.
Here’s what’s in store for December.
- Voice Studio Recital: Noon Dec. 1, Baird Recital Hall, 250 Baird Hall, North Campus.
- UB Choir and Chorus: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 1, Lippes Concert Hall, Slee Hall, North Campus. Directed by Claudia Brown.
- UB Symphony Orchestra: 3 p.m. Dec. 2, Lippes Concert Hall. Directed by Rachel Lauber. Program to feature a work by Anatoly Lyadov and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov’s symphonic suite “Scheherazade.”
- UB Jazz Ensembles: 3 p.m. Dec. 3, Lippes Concert Hall. Directed by George Caldwell.
- String Chamber Music Concert: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 4, Baird Recital Hall.
- UB Contemporary Ensemble: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5, Lippes Concert Hall. Directed by Tom Kolor.
- Voice Studio Recital: Noon Dec. 6, Baird Recital Hall.
- “On the Edge” Class Concert: 3 p.m. Dec. 7, Lippes Concert Hall.
- “On the Edge” Freshman Seminar Concert: 5 p.m. Dec. 7, Baird Recital Hall.
- String Studio Recital: Noon Dec. 8, Lippes Concert Hall.
- Composer’s Workshop Band: 2 p.m. Dec. 8, Baird Recital Hall. Program features works by UB graduate composers.
- MM Recital: Su Lee, organ, and UB Percussion Ensemble, directed by Tom Kolor. 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8, Lippes Concert Hall. Program to feature Lou Harrison’s “Concerto for Organ with Percussion Orchestra.” Solo organ works, as well as pieces for Percussion Ensemble alone, will be included.
For a complete list of all concerts being presented by the UB Department of Music, visit the concert website.