Review some changes in UBmail (Exchange Online).
Modern authentication - The new UBmail (Exchange Online) uses the latest authentication security. Make sure the email program you are using meets the minimum requirements.
Improvements in stopping spam and scams – More sophisticated AI stops more unsolicited and malicious messages from ever reaching your Inbox. If you are missing mail, check the junk folder: In Outlook, click Home > Junk > Not Junk.
Safe Links – Links in your email are now scanned and made safer to click. Learn more about Safe Links.
The UB campus will gradually transition to Exchange Online. During this time:
- Shared Public Folders will be available from email programs (clients) only, and not through outlook.office.com.
- Shared Mailboxes/Calendars will be available from both email programs and outlook.office.com if all mailboxes/calendars are moved to Exchange Online. A shared mailbox/calendar in Exchange Online will not available from the older, “on-premise” UBmail for faculty and staff, nor vice versa.
- Free/Busy and booking a meeting with a shared calendar will work with calendars across both Exchange Online and on-premise UBmail for faculty and staff.
- Person on Mac not moved to Exchange Online cannot view calendar of a person who has moved to Exchange Online
- Use Outlook client’s Scheduling Assistant
- View calendar through Outlook Web App (exchowa.buffalo.edu).