Allow individuals or groups to share with the class.
Blogs provide a way to share the knowledge and materials
collected and created by a group or an individual with the rest of
There are two ways to create a blog:
- Add Interactive Tool drop-down menu in a content area.
- Use the control panel method described below.
There are three different types of Blogs:
- Course Blogs: All enrolled users are able to post Blog
entries and comments.
- Individual Blogs: Only the owner of the Blog is able to
post entries. All other enrolled users are able to view and
- Group Blogs: If the instructor enables the Blog tool for
the Group, all Group members can post Blog entries and make
comments. Any course member can view Group Blogs, but can only add
Instructors and users can create Blog posts which provide
structure for discussions on class topics. Instructors and users
can enter comments on Blog posts if comments are allowed.
- Click Blogs on the Course Tools menu.
- Click the appropriate Blog.
- Click Create Blog Entry.
- Complete page options.
- Click Post Entry or Save Entry as Draft.
Instructors and users can enter comments on Blog posts if
comments are allowed.
- Open a Blog.
- Click Comment for the appropriate post.
- Type a comment in the Comment field.
- Click Add.
Instructors can edit basic properties of the Blog, including the
name, instructions, availability, participation, and user
permissions. Instructors can also delete their own blogs.
- Click Blogs from the Course Tools menu.
- Select Edit from the drop-down menu for the Blog.
- Make changes.
- Click Submit.