Gather ungraded data, including anonymous student data.
Surveys differ from Tests in that they are not graded. They are
useful for gathering data anonymously from students.
Incorporating surveys into your course involves a multi-step
process and includes the following steps:
- create a survey
- add questions individually or from a pool
- make the Survey available
- view results
The Create Survey page will include your
survey on the list of surveys. You can still modify the survey
because it has not been made available.
Pools are sets of questions that can be added to any Test or
Survey. Pools are useful for storing questions and reusing them in
more than one Test or Survey.
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Tests, Surveys
and Pools > Pools.
- New questions can be created by using the Create
Question drop-down list.
- Questions can be added to the Pool from other tests, surveys,
and pools by clicking Find Questions.
When you are done adding pool questions, your pool will be saved
in the pool area of your course.
To use questions from a pool, select an option from the Reuse
Questions menu when creating a test or survey.