Operating System: All
Applies To: UB faculty, staff and students
Last Updated: August 25, 2021
1. Locate the session that you want to share and click Share.
2. Click Embed. Copy and paste the HTML code provided from this tab to embed the session.
3. To add a setting, simply add &SETTING=VALUE immediately after the URL and within the quotes. See below example of autoplay.
<iframe src="https://ub.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Embed.aspx?id=b8111c2d-16be-4676-a842-4a618b7472f8&v=1&autoplay=true" width="720" height="405" style="padding: 0px; border: 1px solid #464646;" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
1. Locate the session that you want to share. Hover over the video name to reveal options, click Share.
2. Click the Link tab.
3. Click the drop-down arrow under Who has access: to show the sharing options.
4. Select the option which best fits your needs.
5. Enter the email address under Invite people. This will send an email to the recipients with a link to view the video. This option works for any of the access levels.
6. Click Invite to view.
7. Enter a note (if desired) and click Send and save changes.
Panopto videos embedded in UB Learns courses require properly set permissions in order for students to view them. Eliminate any possibility that you will have to grant permission to individual students by turning on permissions for all students.
1. If you have not done so, provision Panopto content in your UB Learns course:
2. Add one or more subfolders under your My Folder in Panopto.
3. Move or upload the videos you want to embed into these folders.
4. Change the share permissions on a folder (or an individual file) to give students access:
5. Under Who has access, click the down arrow.
We suggest choosing one of the following:
If you have specialist access to the UBCMS, use an HTML Snippet and paste the embed code into it.