Operating System: iOS
Applies To: UB instructors
Last Updated: December 9, 2015
Access AirPlay from specific apps, such as Photos, Safari and Music.
1. Mute the projector.
2. Ensure your iDevice is ready to be viewed publicly.
3. From within the lecture hall equipped with Apple TV, turn on Wi-Fi and connect to the eduroam network. Apple TV will not work from any other Wi-Fi network.
4. On the iDevice, launch whatever app you want displayed to the video projector.
5. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Center.
6. Tap AirPlay.
7. Tap the name of the Apple TV device you want to AirPlay to. The device name contains the name of the room you are currently occupying.
8. Tap Mirroring. AirPlay will ask you to provide the 4-digit security code that will appear on the technology podium digital display.
9. Once you enter the code, your iDevice video and audio will play on the Technology Classroom video projector or audio system.
10. Unmute the projector.
1. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the Control Center.
2. Tap AirPlay.
3. Tap iPhone or iPad.
4. Tap Done.