Cyberduck is an open source FTP and SFTP client for Mac OS X
with lots of useful features and an intuitive interface. It
supports all the basic functions to browse servers and transfer
multiple files simultaneously.
Note: This software can be downloaded multiple times and does
not limit the number of downloads.
Cyberduck is useful for individuals who want to transfer files
from their home computer to a UNIX account, such as on UBUnix.
For those who may need to change file permissions on multiple
files or an entire site, Cyberduck may be more advantageous then
other SFTP clients, such as Fetch.
When connecting to UB with the ‘Open Connection’
globe icon in the top left corner:
- Select SFTP from the drop-down menu.
- Enter ubunix.buffalo.edu in the server field.
- Enter 22 in the port field.
- Enter your UBITName and password.
- Click Connect.
To change file permissions:
- Select a file or folder and choose the action Info from
the top bar.
- Choose permissions.