Learn how to configure your Macintosh computer to use iprint
You must configure your computer to use iprint anywhere. Your
print job must be released at a Print Release or pay station before it will
1. Open System Preferences.
2. In the Hardware section click Print
& Fax (Print & Scan in 10.8 and Printers
& Scanners in 10.9)
3. Click the + (plus) button below the
printer list in the Printers area on the left hand side of
4. The Add Printer dialog box opens. Ctrl-click on the
Toolbar area near the top of the window, to the right of the icons,
and select Customize Toolbar... from the drop-down
5. Click, then drag and drop
the Advanced button icon into the Toolbar area.
Click Done. The Advanced button is now on the
6. Click the Advanced button. Enter the
- For Type, select Windows or Windows printer via
- For Device, select Another Device.
- Enter the URL for your print location from the Print Queue Names for Macintosh for
- Enter an easily identifiable name, such as My Lockwood for
- Enter the printer’s location for Location.
- Select Generic PostScript Printer for Print Using or
7. Click Add.
8. If you see an Installable Options or Setting
up dialog box, select Duplex Printing Unit and
9. The printer will appear in your printer list.
1. Print from your application as you would whenever you print,
using the iprint anywhere site printer you created.
2. The print job will enter the Mac OS queue, and the print
queue icon will pop up on the Taskbar.
3. Double-click the print queue icon, highlight your print job
and click Resume.
4. Enter the following:
- Enter AD\UBITName where UBITName is your
UBITName, i.e., AD\johndoe for Name.
- Enter your UBITName password for Password.
5. Click OK.
Once you submit your print job from your computer, you must release
it from a Release Station at the computing site before it is