Configure Your Macintosh Computer to Use iprint anywhere
Learn how to configure your Macintosh computer to use iprint
You must configure your computer to use iprint anywhere. Your
print job must be released at a Print
Release station before it will print.
- Using the Macintosh version requires Mac OS 10.7.4 or
- iprint anywhere is not compatible with iOS devices.
Configuring iprint anywhere for Macintosh
Configure from either ResNet or a UB Secure wireless connection
on campus. Off campus, use Cisco
AnyConnect before using iprint anywhere.
1. Open System Preferences.
2. In the Hardware section click Print &
Scan in 10.8 or Printers & Scanners in 10.9 and
3. Click the + (plus) button below the
printer list in the Printers area on the left hand side of
4. The Add Printer dialog box opens. Select Add
5. Ctrl-click on the Toolbar area near the top of the
window, to the right of theDefault, Fax, IP and Windows icons, and
select Customize Toolbar... from the drop-down
6. Click, then drag and drop
the Advanced button icon into the Toolbar area,
next to the Default, Fax, IP and Windows icons.
7. Click Done. The Advanced button is now on
8. Click the Advanced button. Enter the
- For Type, select Windows or Windows printer via
- For Device, select Another Device.
- Enter the URL for your print location from the Print Queue Names for Macintosh for
- Enter an easily identifiable name, such as My Lockwood for
- Enter the printer’s location for Location.
- Select Generic PostScript Printer for Print Using or
Use. (NOTE: You may need to select Other, then
select Generic PostScript Printer)
9. Click Add.
10. If you see an Installable Options or
Setting up dialog box, select Duplex Printing
Unit and click Continue or OK.
The printer will appear in your printer list.
Printing using iprint anywhere for Macintosh
1. Print from your application as you would whenever you print,
using the iprint anywhere site printer you created.
2. The print job will enter the Mac OS queue, and the print
queue icon will pop up on the Taskbar.
3. Double-click the print queue icon, highlight your print job
and click Resume.
4. Enter the following:
- Enter ad\UBITName where UBITName is your
UBITName, i.e., ad\johndoe for Name. (If you don't see the
login window, click the refresh icon in the right top part of the
print queue box and it should appear.)
- Enter your UBITName password for Password.
- Do NOT select to save to your keychain.
5. Click OK.
Did you get a Hold for Authentication error?
Some individuals using iprint anywhere with a Mac receive a Hold
for Authentication error when they submit a print job using iprint
anywhere. If this happens, to get your print job to submit:
- Double-click your selected printer's warning icon in the
- Click Pause.
- In Finder, select Applications >
Utilities > Keychain Access.
- Select All Items.
- Enter iprint in the Search box and press
- If a result is listed, select it and delete it, then continue
with steps below.
- If not, just continue with steps below.
- Re-submit your print job.
- In the input box, select Add to Printer.
- In the next input box:
- In the Name field, enter ad\UBITName (where UBITName
is your UBITName).
- In the Password field, enter your UBIT password.
- Click OK.
- Click your selected printer's warning icon in the Dock.
- Select your most recent print job, which should indicate
Ready to Print.
- Click Resume. Your print job will be submitted, and you
can then go to a Print Release Station to release it to the
- Select your original print job, then click the X symbol
(located to the right of the file name) to delete it from your
Getting Your Printouts: Release Your Print Job
Once you submit your print job from your computer, you must release
it from a Release Station at the computing site in order for it
If you don't release it in 24 hours, your print job will be