Learn how to print documents from a public computing site
computer on campus.
If you are printing from a computing site computer, you do not
need to configure your computer to print. You can send your print
job to either a color or black and white printer. Not all locations
have color printers. Cost for printing is higher for color
printing, so UBIT recommends you use color printing
To print from your personal computer or laptop to a computing
site printer, use iprint
To print a document from a public computer, print from your
application as usual, choosing the desired printer. Your document
will be sent to the print system and your print job will be
directed to a wait queue.
You must release (approve) your print job before it will
actually print. You can:
Printing is on 8.5 x 11 standard 20 lb. white paper. Legal and
Tabloid sizes are not available. Special paper is not
- Capen 1st floor Cybrary, Lockwood 2nd floor Cybrary, and Abbott
1st floor feature both color and black and white printing.
- All other printers feature only black and white printing.
- An iprint@ub pop-up window opens each time you print a
document. (If not, look for the pop-up in the tool bar at the
bottom of the screen.)
- Log in with your UBITName password.
- Select the file(s) you want to print; iprint calculates the
- Confirm that you will use your UB Quota Purse to print. (You
can use other purses, except Print/Copy
cards, from the pop-up window). Click Next
Purse to see or select other are purses available to
- Confirm that the number of pages is what you expect to be
- Click Continue.
- When your selected files are listed with the correct purse,
click Pay and Print.
Printing blank pages to use up your UB Quota is not allowed!
If you print from these computers, you must release (approve)
your print job using a Print Release Station:
Library guests on Library
Research stations also do not have pop-ups.
After you have released your print job for printing you may
retrieve it at the print service counter.
Print documents will have a cover page with your UBITName on the
front. Your printouts will be placed in the slot that corresponds
to the first letter of your UBITName.
Your print job will be held at the print service counter for 2
days before it is discarded.