Print from Your Computer to a Public Computing Site
Learn how to set up your computer to print to UB public
computing sites printers.
Operating System: Any with a supported Web browser
Applies To: UB students, faculty and staff
Last Updated: January 13, 2017
1. Send Your Document to the Printer
Send Your File to the Printer
- Using a Web browser, go to https://iprintanywhere.buffalo.edu
- Click Print
- Enter your UBITName and password, then click or
tap Log In
- Select the printer you wish to print to by clicking its
- Click Choose File to upload a file, OR type in the URL of a Web
page to print (See a list of allowed file formats)
- Set the number of Copies
- Set the Page Range
- Enter your UBITName
- Click Continue
- Select your print options:
- Only 8.5x11 (letter size) white paper is available
- In the Duplex field, choose double-sided
(default) or single-sided
- In the Orientation field, choose As Saved
(default), Portrait or Landscape
- Click Continue. Your job will be submitted, and you will
see a Complete message when it is uploaded.
- Click Log Out when you are done.
2. Release Your Printout
Either the Web form or a Release Station must be used to release
documents submitted from Bell 101, QuickConnect stations or your
Using the Web Form
Are you off campus?
Run AnyConnect and then follow the directions
- Go to https://myiprint.buffalo.edu:7773
- Enter your UBITName and password, then click Secure Log
- Tick the checkbox next to the the document(s) you want to
- Select the "purse" to print from. The default is "UB
Quota," but you can click Next Purse to see or
select other available purses, such as Campus Cash.
- Click Pay and Print My Documents.
Using a Release Station
Release stations must be used to release print jobs submitted
from Bell 101, QuickConnect stations or your own computer.
- Log into the Print Release station with your UBITName and
UBITName password (see
- Click the Next or Sign
- The iprint pop-up window displays your available UB Quota, a
list of your documents and the cost per document.
- Select the document(s) you want to print; iprint displays the
- Confirm if you will use your UB Quota Purse to print. (You can
use other purses, including Campus Cash, from the pop-up
window--click Next Purse to see or select other
- Click Continue to confirm your selection.
- Use the Back button to change your
selected documents or purse.
- Click Here to Accept the Charge and Start
Printing. Your documents will be sent to the printer.
3. Pick Up Your Document
If you are in a computing site with a print service counter,
your document(s) will be filed by the first letter of your
UBITName. Otherwise, you may pick them up directly from the
What if my document doesn't print properly (low toner, paper jam) or at all?
If a document fails to print as expected, please see a
consultant for a quota adjustment. If there is no print service
counter, send email to the
computing site team.
What can I do to print a file that's not a supported format?
Try saving it to a supported format, such as a PDF, then submit
the PDF version to the printer.
What do I do when I run out of UB Quota?
You can choose a different quota purse when releasing your print
job, including Campus Cash. See
how to print with other funds.
How can I print multiple pages per page or PowerPoint slide views?
Save your document as a PDF with the formatting you want, then
submit the PDF to the printer.