Single Number Reach (SNR) allows you to answer incoming calls on any UB phone or your personal cell phone. When calls are made from your personal cell phone to other UB phones your UB extension will appear in the caller ID.
Operating System: Windows, Macintosh, Linux
Applies to: Faculty and Staff; Student employees who have access to a campus telephone
Last Updated: November 15, 2016
A call can be picked up in-progress on a UB phone or your
personal cell phone without losing the connection. SNR calls
which are not answered are directed to your UB phone voice mail
1. Launch the Self-Care Portal.
2. Enter your UBITName and UBITName password (faculty/staff) or campus seven digit phone number and telephone PIN as your Sign-in address. Click Sign In.
3. From the My Phones menu, navigate to the Additional
Phones section. Select Add an additional phone so you can be
reached when you are not at your desk.
4. Complete the Additional Phone settings.
5. Enable Mobile Connect to transfer active calls from your UB
phone to your cell phone by pressing the Mobility
6. The Current Mobile status is listed, MobileConnect On or MobileConnect Off.
7. Press the Select softkey to enable MobileConnect or the Exit softkey to not save changes.
NOTE: If MobileConnect is disabled, it is not automatically re-enabled via your SNR schedules in the Self-Care Portal and will remain off until manually re-enabled from the UB phone.
1. When on an active call, press the More softkey.
2. Press the Mobility softkey to display the MobileConnect options.
3. Press the Select softkey to send the call to the cell phone or Exit for the call to remain on your UB phone.
NOTE: If your phone call was completed on your cell phone or you did not press the Resume softkey within 10 seconds, the call is automatically ended.