Reaching Others University at Buffalo - The State University of New York
Skip to Content

Do I need an Ethernet cable?

Yes, if you live in a UB residence hall, you’ll need to purchase a 25’ category 5 Ethernet cable in order to connect to ResNet, UB’s high speed wired Internet network. While Wi-Fi is available, wired ResNet connections are 1,000 times faster.

Did This Page Answer Your Question?

Email, UBITName or phone number
Enter the letters or numbers you see below in the space provided. Click "Get a new challenge" if they are not readable.