Connect from your office computer or a laptop you take home. IT
Staff set up your computer for you.
Your system administrator will install Cisco AnyConnect VPN
client software on your UB-owned computer once you complete the
Handling Data Safely training and receive pre-authorization for
administrative access to HUB from the HUB Leads.
The fob displays a 6-digit tokencode that changes every
60 seconds, represented by two indicators:
- On the far left, a column of 6 bars repesents a full minute.
- The top bar disappears after 5 seconds.
- Each of the next 5 bars disappears every 10 seconds.
- When the last bar disappears, 5 seconds remain before the
- In the lower right corner, a dot flashes every second.
1. Select Start > All Programs >
Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client > Cisco
AnyConnect VPN Client.
2. The first time you connect, you must enter
adminvpn.buffalo.edu in the Connect to field. Click
- A window may pop up asking "Do you trust this remote
connection?" If so, click Connect.
- A window may pop up alerting you that "The identity of the
remote computer cannot be verified." If so, click Yes.
3. From the Group drop-down menu,
select one of the following:
- Admin if you are on campus.
- Admin-OffCampus if you are off campus
4. If you already set a PIN for
your fob, skip to step 5, below. Otherwise, if it is
your first time connecting, enter the following (Note: For
Mac clients, you will only be prompted with "Answer;" answer in
order shown below.):
5. Enter the following:
- User name: your UBITName
- Passcode: your PIN immediately followed by your fob's
tokencode (Note: the passcode is not your UBIT
6. Click Connect. You are now connected.