You must set options prior to connecting to the remote computer
if you intend to access resources on your local computer during
your remote session, including your printer, USB drives, mapped
drives or your clipboard. You may also customize display and
- Select Start, All Program,
- Click the Options button in the lower left of the window
to set the options for your remote session.
- Select the Local Resources tab. In the lower third of
this panel, labeled Local devices and resources, check the
boxes next to Printers and Clipboard if you would
like to print or copy and paste during your remote session.
- Click the More... button. A new window appears.
- Check the box next to Drives to be able to access your
S: drive, local hard drives, plugged in USB drives, and other
- Check the box next to Other supported Plug and Play (Pnp)
devices to be able to access any PnP devices (such as digital
cameras, scanners or joysticks) that you may have plugged in.
- Click OK when you have finished setting your
- To save these settings for future connections, click the
General tab, then click Save. If you do not save the
settings at this time, you will be given another opportunity to
save them when you exit the remote session. The next time you
launch the Remote Desktop Connection, your most recent saved
settings will be used.
You are ready to connect.