You must set options prior to connecting to the remote computer
if you intend to access resources on your local computer during
your remote session, including your printer, USB drives, mapped
drives or your clipboard. You may also customize display and
- Launch the Remote Desktop Connection program (Finder
> Applications > Remote Desktop
- In the Menu Bar (anchored to the top of the screen), click
RDC > Preferences.
- The Preferences window opens.
- To make your local (Mac's) hard drive and removable
drives available during your remote session, click the
Drives tab, then select All disk drives from the
- To make your local (Mac's) connected printers available
during your remote session, click the Printers tab. Make
sure the box is checked next to Use a printere that is connected
to the Mac. From the dropdown menu, select the printer you wish
to use, or select All printers.
- Click the red circle in the upper left of the Preferences
window when you have finished setting your options (it is not
labeled). The window closes.
- To save these settings for future connections, in the top
Menu Bar click File > Save. If you do not
save the settings at this time, you will be given another
opportunity to save them when you exit the remote session. The next
time you launch the Remote Desktop Connection, your most recently
saved settings will be used.
You are ready to connect.