Configure your Windows Vista computer to connect to the
Residential Network. ResNet allows you to connect to the UB Network
and the Internet from within UB residence halls and campus
apartments using a wired Ethernet connection.
Once you arrive on campus you must register your computer,
router or gaming console before you can connect to ResNet.
To use ResNet, you need:
- A computer with integrated Ethernet
- A category 5 Ethernet cable
- Click the Microsoft Start button, then select Control
- Double-click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Tasks menu on the left, select Manage
- Right-click on the Local Area Connection icon, then
- In the Local Area Connection Properties window, click
once on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) (making sure
that you do not uncheck it), then click Properties.
- In the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties
window, select Obtain an IP address automatically and
Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click
- Select Register this connection's addresses in DNS, then
click OK until you return to the Network Connections
You are now connected and can access the Internet.