Configure your Windows Vista computer for a secure connection to
the UB Network on campus.
UB Secure is the recommended access choice for
connecting to UB's campus network. Your UBITName and password and
all data transmitted from your device to the wireless access point
(the campus network) are encrypted.
6. Click Next.
7. Select Change connection settings.
8. Select the Security tab.
Select Microsoft: Protected EAP
(PEAP) in the network authentication method field.
9. Select Validate server certificate.
Select Secured password (EAP_MSCHAP v2), make sure
Enable Fast Reconnect is not selected. Click
10. Deselect Automatically use my Windows logon
name and password (and domain if any).
Click OK. Click OK.
11. Select Connect To and double-click
UB_Secure. On the first login attempt
select Enter/Select additional log in
12. Use your UBITName and Password to log into all
If you change your UBITName or password, you must delete and
re-create your profile.