Configure your Windows Vista computer for a secure connection to
the UB Network on campus.
UB Secure is the recommended access choice for
connecting to UB's campus network. Your UBITName and password and
all data transmitted from your device to the wireless access point
(the campus network) are encrypted.
Secure WiFiSetup instead to configure and stay automatically
connected anytime you’re on campus.
Use the manual instructions below only if UB Secure WiFiSetup
doesn't work for your device.
If your wireless manager is not the Windows manager, your configuration will vary.
6. Click Next.
7. Select Change connection settings.
8. Select the Security tab. Select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) in the network authentication method field. Click Settings.
9. Select Validate server certificate. Select Secured password (EAP_MSCHAP v2), make sure Enable Fast Reconnect is not selected. Select AddTruist Extrnal CA Root. Click Configure.
10. Deselect Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Click OK. Click OK. Click OK.
11. Select Connect To and double-click UB_Secure. On the first login attempt select Enter/Select additional log in information.
12. Use your UBITName and Password to log into all subsequent prompts.
If you change your UBITName or password, you must delete and re-create your profile.