Configure your Windows Vista computer for a secure connection to
the UB Network on campus.
UB Secure is the recommended access choice for
connecting to UB's campus network. Your UBITName and password and
all data transmitted from your device to the wireless access point
(the campus network) are encrypted.
If your wireless manager is not the Windows manager, your configuration will vary.
It's tempting to click on UB_Secure in your found network list then create a profile, but this is not successful for most people.
6. Click Next.
7. Select Change connection settings.
8. Select the Security tab. Select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) in the network authentication method field. Click Settings.
9. Select Validate server certificate. Select Secured password (EAP_MSCHAP v2), make sure Enable Fast Reconnect is not selected. Click Configure.
10. Deselect Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Click OK. Click OK. Click OK.
11. Select Connect To and double-click UB_Secure. On the first login attempt select Enter/Select additional log in information.
12. Use your UBITName and Password to log into all subsequent prompts.
If you change your UBITName or password, you must delete and re-create your profile.