Configure your Windows 8 computer for a secure connection to the
UB network on campus.
UB Secure is the recommended access choice for
connecting to UB's campus network. Your UBITName and password and
all data transmitted from your device to the wireless access point
(the campus network) are encrypted.
Secure WiFiSetup instead to configure and stay automatically
connected anytime you’re on campus.
Use the manual instructions below only if UB Secure WiFiSetup
doesn't work for your device.
1. Select Settings > Control Panel > Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center.
2. Select Set up a new connection or network.
3. Select Manually connect to a wireless network.
4. Complete the following:
5. Click Next.
6. Select Change connection settings. Select
the Security tab. Select Microsoft:
Protected EAP (PEAP) in the network authentication
field. Click Settings.
7. Select Validate server certificate. In the Trusted Root Certification Authorities section, select the AddTruist Extrnal CA Root certificate. (You may not see an option.) Deselect Enable Fast Reconnect. In the Authentication Method field select Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2). Click Configure.
8. Deselect Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
9. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK.
10. Select Close.
11. Select Networking and Sharing Center.
12. Select Connect to a Network and double-click UB_Secure. If you did not have an Entrust certification option in Step 8, you will receive the error, “The connection attempt could not be complete.” Select Connect from the dialog box. After the connection fails, return to the screen in Step 8 and select the Entrust certificate option, then complete Steps 9-12 again.
13. Use your UBITName and password to log into all subsequent prompts.
14. If desired, choose Start this connection automatically on the Wi-Fi settings screen.
If you are unable to log in after following the directions, your
password may be out of sync. Change your password and try again.