You must register your personal computer, router, gaming or media device before connecting to ResNet.
Do you need a router?
A router is only needed if you’re trying to connect more than one device (computers or gaming devices) to ResNet at a time. Before using your router, it must be secured to prevent other residents from using the device. See your router manufacturer's guide to determine how to set a password on your router.
To register your computer or router:
1. Connect your computer or router to the Ethernet port on the wall using an Ethernet cable.
2. Open a web
browser; you should automatically be directed to the ResNet Network
page. If not, direct your browser to http://220.127.116.11/registration.
3. Agree to the terms and conditions of use.
4. Select Register Your Computer or a Router.
5. Enter your UBITName and password. Click Continue.
6. Wait while the network connection is established. You should receive a notification message when this is complete.
7. Click OK. Restart your computer.