Configure your Windows 7 computer to connect to the Residential
Network. ResNet allows you to connect to the UB Network and the
Internet from within UB residence halls and campus apartments using
a wired Ethernet connection.
Once you arrive on campus you must register your computer,
router or gaming console before you can connect to
To connect to ResNet you need:
- A computer with integrated Ethernet
- A Cat 5 Ethernet cable
- Click the Microsoft Start button. Select Control
- Double-click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the menu on the left select Change adapter
- Right-click on the Local Area Connection icon. Select
- In the Local Area Connection Properties window, click
once on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) (making sure
that you do not uncheck it), then click Properties.
- In the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties
window, select Obtain an IP address automatically and
Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click
- Deselect Register this connection's addresses in DNS,
then click OK until you return to the Network
You are now connected and can access the Internet.