You must register your personal computer, router, gaming or
media device before connecting to OpenPort or ResNet.
Register your computer or router if you are connecting your
computer to the wall port, or if you are using a router to connect
- Determine if you are connecting your computer directly to the
port on the wall or if you are connecting a router:
- If you are connecting your computer directly, connect your
computer to the Ethernet port on the wall using an Ethernet
- If you are using a router, connect your personal Router/Gateway
to the Ethernet port on the wall using an Ethernet cable, following
the instructions provided by the router/gateway manufacturer.
Connect your computer (and no other devices at this time) to
the router/gateway following the instructions provided by the
- Open a Web browser. You should automatically be directed
to the ResNet Network page. If not, direct your browser to
- Agree to the terms and conditions of use.
- Select Register Your Computer or a Router.
- Enter your UBITName and password. Click Continue.
- Wait while the network connection is established. You
should receive a notification message when this is complete.
- Click OK. Restart your computer.
- If you are using a router, connect other devices to your
router/gateway, including computers or gaming consoles, following
the instructions provided by the Router/Gateway manufacturer. Do
not register the devices you plug in to your registered