Configure your Mac OS X 10.7 or higher computer for a secure connection to the UB Wi-Fi network on campus.
These instructions are only for Macintosh computers running Mac OS X 10.7 and higher.
UB Secure is the recommended access choice for
connecting to UB's campus Wi-Fi network. Your UBITName and password
and all data transmitted from your device to the wireless access
point (the campus network) are encrypted.
Secure WiFiSetup instead to configure and stay automatically
connected anytime you’re on campus.
Use the manual instructions below only if UB Secure WiFiSetup
doesn't work for your device.
In order to use UB Secure wireless from Mac OS X 10.7 or higher you must install the UB_Secure.mobileconfig preferences file.
1. Download UB_Secure.mobileconfig file and save on the Desktop.
2. Double click on
UB_Secure.mobileconfig on the Desktop. This will launch
the Profile System Preference.
3. Click Continue.
4. Click Continue to confirm you want to install
5. Enter your UBITName and UBIT password in
the Username and Passsword fields of the
Settings dialog and click Install. If you prefer, you
can leave these blank and enter them each time you want to
6. Enter your system password (not your UBIT
password) when requested to allow the Configuration Profile Tool to
7. Close the Configuration Profile Tool.
8. Select Apple menu > System Preferences
> Network Preferences.
9. Select Wi-Fi from the network list in the left
column. Turn Wi-Fi on, if it is not already on, then in the
Network Name field, select Join Other Network.
10. Fill in the fields as described:
11. Click Join.
12. Click Apply.