Set up a smartphone, such as an iPhone, Android or Windows
Mobile phone, or a tablet, such as an iPad or Kindle Fire, to
access UBmail Powered by Google.
To set up access to UBmail Powered by Google from your smartphone:
You can configure any iOS device, including iPhones and iPads,
to read your UBMail Powered by Google email.
Use your phone's built-in email client to read email after you configure it for UBmail Powered by Google.
1. Enable Internet Message Access Protocal (IMAP)
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
4. Tap Add Account.
5. Tap Other.
6. Tap Add Mail Account.
7. Enter the following:
8. Scroll down. In Incoming Mail Server:
9. Scroll down. In Outgoing Mail Server:
10. Tap Save.
11. Tap Settings. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Tap UBmail or whatever name you gave your UBmail
12. Tap Account.
13. Tap SMTP.
14. Tap smtp.buffalo.edu as the primary server.
If you do not set up your outgoing (SMTP) settings properly with
authentication as described below, you will not be able to send
outgoing email from off campus.
15.Make sure Use SSL is set to on.
16. Verify that the Server Port is set to 465. If not,
change it to 465.
17. Click Done.
If you are experiencing problems connecting, try switching the
smtp server to use TLS and port 25.