Keeping your email after graduation depends on your degree
conferral date and your decision on whether to opt in with the
if you graduated starting June 1998, you are eligible to keep
your @buffalo.edu email address through an offer from the UB Alumni
If you graduated prior to June 1998 or you declined the offer by
the UB Alumni Association:
- Access your email and manage your forwarding as usual for 6
months after your official degree conferral date. Within that six
months you may set a forward for your email:
- Establish an email address with a commercial provider, such as
- Sign up
for a free lifetime forwarding email address with the Alumni
- Notify your contacts of your new email address.
- Enable email forwarding to your new address. If you set a
forward directing your incoming email be delivered to an account
with another provider, email sent to your @buffalo.edu address is
received at the forward address but you are not able to change your
- If you have not forwarded your UBmail to another provider,
email sent to your @buffalo.edu address is returned to the sender
as undeliverable six months after your degree conferral date.
After 6 months you can no longer access your UB email or many
services at UB. Read
more about access to services.