Configure your mobile device to access UBmail Powered by Exchange (Exchange mail).
Ensure Network Connectivity:
Make sure that you see one of the following icons at the top of the iPhone screen to verify that you are connected to a data network. Connecting to a Wi-Fi (wireless) network is preferred prior to setup as it is the fastest connection and does not account against your cell phones data plan (some plans may vary).
|3G cellular data network, EDGE cellular data network, GPRS cellular data network and Wi-Fi data network
Ensure Push is Enabled
Press Settings from the Home screen, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then Fetch New Data and ensure that Push is set to “On,” and Fetch is set to “Manually.”
Setup Microsoft Exchange Account
1. Go to Settings > Mail > Contacts > Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
2. Enter your Exchange account information and press Next. Enter the following information in the fields:
3. If prompted enter Server name or verify server name: exchowa.buffalo.edu and press Next.
4. If you want to activate your Exchange Contacts set the button
5. If you turn your Exchange Contacts ON, choose Keep on My
iPhone – to keep your existing local contacts:
6. Press Keep on My iPhone to the duplicate entries pop-up message.
7. Review and set the information you want to Synchronize with your Exchange Mail Account and turn off any you do not want to sync.
If you choose to synchronize an iPhone with your Exchange Contacts, and Calendar, all existing Contact and Calendar information on the iPhone will be OVERWRITTEN. Additionally, iTunes will no longer sync contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your iPhone or iPod touch wirelessly with Apple’s iCloud service.
8. Press Save.
By default, 50 Recent Messages will be shown on your iPhone. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and select your Exchange account, and press Show. Syncing more than 50 Recent Messages can degrade your iPhone’s performance.
Set up Your Android
Procedures vary among vendors:
BlackBerry models starting with Q10, including Z10 and Z30, are all capable of active sync functionality when configured following these steps.