Set up Outlook 2010 or 2013 for use with UBmail Powered by
Exchange. You must be a faculty or staff member and your email must
be on UBmail Powered by Exchange.
1. Open Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013.
- If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard displays automatically,
on the first page of the wizard click Next. Then, on the
E-mail Accounts page of the wizard, click Next again to set
up an email account.
- If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the
Outlook toolbar click the File tab. Then, just above the
Account Settings button, click Add Account.
2. On the Auto Account Setup page, Outlook may try to
automatically fill in the Your Name and E-mail Address settings
based on how you're logged on to your computer.
- If the settings are filled in and they're correct, click
Next to have Outlook finish setting up your account.
- If the settings aren't filled in or aren't correct, fill in you
first and last name as you want it to appear on email messages you
- Your email address is your
- Your password, which you need to enter twice, is your UBIT
3. Click Next on the Auto Account Setup page of the
wizard. Outlook performs an autodiscover to find your Exchange
email server settings.
4. Enter ad\ immediately followed by your UBITName
in the User name field. For instance, if your UBITName is jdoe, you
would enter ad\jdoe. Enter your UBIT Password in the Password
field. Click OK.
5. You may be required to log on to the Exchange server
once your mailbox is discovered. If so,enter ad\ followed by
your UBITName in the User name field and your UBIT Password in the
6. If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see
the following: Your e-mail account is successfully
configured. Click Finish.