1. Launch Mac Mail application.
2. Select Mail > Preferences.
3. Select the Accounts tab
4. Click on the + under the Accounts list window to set
up a new email account. This will begin the Add Account
5. Select Add Other Mail Account…
6. Type in your Full Name, your UBITName and
UBIT password in the appropriate fields, then click
Create. This will start the Autodiscovery
process. You will be told your account must be manually
7. Click Next
8. From the Incoming Mail Server Info dialogue, Select
IMAP for Account Type.
9. For Mail Server, enter IMAP.buffalo.edu
10. Enter your Full Name, buffalo.edu email address and UBIT
password in the appropriate fields, then click Next. You
will be told that Additional account information is
required. Click Next again.
11. Select Use SSL.
12. For the Authentication pull down list, be sure to select
13. Click Next. This will open the Outgoing Mail
Server Info dialogue.
14. For SMTP Server enter SMTP.buffalo.edu
15. Enter your UBITName and password in the appropriate
fields. These will be used for outgoing server authentication.
16. Click Create.