Set up the Macintosh default email client, Mail, for use with
UBmail (Central Email).
Setting up LDAP is not possible wiith Mavericks.
1. Launch Mac Mail application.
2. Select Mail > Preferences.
3. Select the Accounts tab
4. Click on the + under the Accounts list window to set up a new email account. This will begin the Add Account dialogue.
5. Select Add Other Mail Account… and click
6. Type in your Full Name, your UBITName and UBIT password in the appropriate fields, then click Create. This will start the Autodiscovery process. You will be told your account must be manually configured.
7. Click Next
8. From the Incoming Mail Server Info dialogue, Select IMAP for Account Type.
9. For Mail Server, enter imap.buffalo.edu
10. Enter your UBITName and UBIT password in the appropriate fields.
11. Click Next. This will open the Outgoing Mail Server Info dialogue.
12. For SMTP Server enter smtp.buffalo.edu
15. Enter your UBITName and password in the appropriate fields. These will be used for outgoing server authentication.
16. Click Create.
Setting up LDAP is not possible with Yosemite.