Learn how to configure Microsoft Outlook or another email program to send and recceive your UBmail.
Operating System: Windows 7 or newer (Office 2013 and 2016); Windows Vista or newer (Office 2010)
Last Updated: August 13, 2019
In many cases, your IT support staff will set up your office computer to use UBmail. Use these instructions for additional Windows computers.
Microsoft Outlook is the preferred email client for use with Exchange Mail.
1. Open Outlook.
2. On the Auto Account Setup page, Outlook may try to automatically fill in the Your Name and E-mail Address settings based on how you're logged on to your computer.
3. Click Next on the Auto Account Setup page of the wizard.
4. Outlook performs an autodiscover to find your Exchange email server settings. Click Allow.
5. You may be required to log on to the Exchange server once your mailbox is discovered. If so:
6. If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see the following: Your e-mail account is successfully configured. Click Finish.
Winmail.dat attachments cannot be read by most other email clients, including Outlook for Macintosh. Set Outlook to send messages in HTML format instead:
Meeting requests or voting buttons may not work with this setting, but you can override the format on select messages.
|Field||Information to Enter |
|Field||Information to Enter|
Create a new message, begin to enter the email address, then use the arrow keys to scroll up or down, highlight the address of the person and press the delete key to remove the entry. Enter their address in the To field and it will create a new entry.
See Microsoft instructions for Only a subset of your Exchange mailbox items are synchronized in Outlook 2016 or 2013.