Operating System: Linux
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, researchers
Last Updated: August 28, 2017
1. Right click on the wireless icon for Network Manager and select edit connections.
2. Select the Wireless tab and click Add.
3. Complete the following:
4. Click the Wireless Security tab.
5. Select CA Certificate:
6. Select MSCHAPv2 for Inner Authentication
7. Enter your UBITName immediately followed by @buffalo.edu in the User Name field.
8. Enter your UBITName password in the password field.
9. Click Apply. If prompted for keyring access, select Always Allow.
10. Exit the network manager configuration.
11. Left click on your wireless icon and left click on eduroam. If prompted about the certificate, allow use of the certificate sent by the server.
Once you set up eduroam Wi-Fi, you're automatically able to use it at hundreds of universities and colleges around the world, in addition to UB. No extra steps required.